Thursday, January 12, 2017

Connections = Opportunities

I enjoyed Eric’s talk about his life as an Entrepreneur. His story of running the Theater really resonated with me. He took processes that the previous manager would do himself, and he built a team that took care of the operations while he was now able to focus on the funding and donations for the theater. He found that if he then got someone to work with funding, if he was the owner/founder, he would have been able to sit back figure out ways to improve; or just allocate less time to the Theater and still receive substantial compensation for that time invested.
I definitely want to resort to the trying of something, even if it’s for free the first few times. I have always been for experience in what you are passionate about, no matter what form it takes. I have had a long time love for Photography, just like his example. I have always liked taking complex landscape photos that require an extra technique or post-processing skills like Photoshop. Recently, while on vacation, I took a picture of the rental we were staying in using both the techniques combined. I’ve always thought about using what I did for Architecture shots or more liking and sellable, Real-estate photos.    

Adventuring on your own appeals so much to me. I love how he said one thing has led to another. I feel like I never know what I exactly want to do. I think it is fitting and makes an awesome life if putting yourself out there in one thing, can open up so much more for you through connections and your own work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment