Tuesday, February 14, 2017

John, the very bright Dimmer

I loved that he worked with his Dad. I technically don’t want to mix business and family ever… but I know my uncles and dad are going to be my mentors no matter what. They are the smartest, most successful men I know. I still don’t want to take money from them or have any financial stakes in my work, but they will be involved.
I loved hearing about the franchising he has worked with. Honda and roundtable. I remember watching the movie “Blindside”, and finding out that the rich, family Michael stays with owned a bunch of taco bells! Something no one really dreams about owning, but they made money and I’m guessing he just kept putting the earning into new restaurants. (If you can call Taco Bell a restaurant).
Car dealerships have always interested me. I love cars. There’s a family my dad works with who own a lot of dealerships themselves and they have done well with it. They also didn’t come from wealthy families so I always have wondered if they saved and got their first one and built from there.
I’m probably not as money hungry as others in this class. Well, for the sake of having money. When I was young and started to think about entrepreneurship, I just dreamed about houses and cars and vacations.

Now, being in school and looking for internships. I just want freedom. Freedom and that my efforts directly affect my worth and the the people around me I choose to work with. That’s what entrepreneurship means to me. John was very inspirational that was and made me excited about getting away from the norm of society.     

No comments:

Post a Comment