Thursday, February 16, 2017

Shad the Consulting Man

Shad has been, by far my favorite speaker so far. He has gone down the avenue I want for myself. He has consulted, with custom software for improving government efficiency. Now, CloudPower is developing and selling broad software tailored to the Washington state government processes. Efficiency and business is what I am passionate about, and what I feel my calling is. I am going to see how far I can get with CloudPower. An internship there would be perfect and the question I asked in class was “when would you know if you have enough experience to consult?”, Shad’s advice was to work at a consulting company and gain experience through that. Since there are so many of them around, not a lot of people focused on consulting need to obtain knowledge in a position before consulting.
I am working with a Seattle consulting company on an internship for this summer, but it’s IT consulting. Being a CS Major, I don’t exactly fit the mold. My neighbor works for them and their HR is interested because of my previous internship. I wanted it to see how the business model of consulting works. Having Shad present has helped a lot.

I have always wanted to create custom software for companies, then off of that information build software products to sell. Shad said Consulting as a service owns no IP, and real return on investment happens when your company has IP to sell. It’s so cool that we had a speaker that I should follow, step by step. I really would like to learn more from Shad and CloudPower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment