Saturday, February 25, 2017

Teacher Fry

I learned more about Andrews upbringing this time, from the whole story. Learning about his upbringing and struggles helps his stories become more full circle. I was amazed at how independent he was, while also being adventurous and taking risks. If I were on my own I would try to just get by have go with a more stable or steady approach. I think a lot of his success has been contributed by his selling abilities. I am very far from his on that spectrum and would like to get better. I doubt myself quite often. I want to get better at story telling.


The .com bust seemed very risky bull-ish when investing. It was blind investing, sight-unseen. What really confused me were the stories of the venture capitalists. They are usually the one’s whom have seen and been through most cases when it comes to startups and running a business. Andrew shared that the Venture capitalists were making money from IPOs and then reinvesting in other IPOs. It was all for greed! They kept trying to compound their profits with quick buys and sells of .com companies to go to the market. Like they couldn’t stop. It had to have huge warnings that it would all come down at some point. The whole process was a fault in ethics and true value for the economy. It was a scheme that anyone could join. It was a bubble filled with stupidity, much like the housing bubble. All faulty deals being made.   

No comments:

Post a Comment