Tuesday, February 14, 2017

IcuP... protection

First, I would want to protect my Name/domain. CaptureCreatives would/is something special to me. I don’t know how much exactly it would cost. I would really only need to have a copyright. The Logo is something I could always switch up and my logo wouldn’t have anything to do with my revenue. The only time you need to protect your Logo/trademark is if you were to manufacture products of it or the company was large enough and you’d want to protect it while advertising.
I know you can protect code. I believe it is a patent that covers it and you can’t patent an algorithm. I would maybe try and protect some part of the experience that gives up a leg up on the competition.
It would be cool to have a trade secret that would be my own. I believe they are the coolest and most secure form of protection for a business. I don’t know if this would could as IP protection, but I would always set my ventures as an LLC. I like the separation between the business and myself/family. Ever since I learned about LLC and incorporating a business in Business 101 at highline, I’ve been obsessed with LLCs.

Before this class, I always would have been for the most protection possible. But the notion of only protecting it in court and cost of that makes a lot of sense. If it gets big enough to make sense to sue someone over it, then that’s when you should protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment